Farrer Park MRT Station
- Not to be confused with Farrer Road MRT Station.
| NE8 |
|Address||250 Race Course Road|
|Opened||20 June 2003|
Art in Transit
Farrer Park is an area with a rich sporting heritage and history, and also known for being the site of Singapore's earliest horse racing turf club from the street name 'Old Racecourse Road' draws its name from. Farrer Park's interior design captured the spirit of the locality's sporting heritage with the Horse Racing and Soccer series of artworks titled Rhythmic Exuberance, by Singapore artist Poh Siew Wah. Another artwork by Poh, titled Aeroplane paid tribute to the first aeroplane landing in Singapore in 1911 at the Old Racecourse Road in Farrer Park.
|L1||Street Level||City Square Mall|
|B1||Concourse||Faregates, General Ticketing Machines, Passenger Service Centre, Transitlink Ticket Office|
|Platform A||North East Line towards NE1 CC29 HarbourFront (→)|
|Platform B||North East Line towards NE17 PTC Punggol (←)|
- A : Serangoon Road, Rangoon Road
- B : Tessensohn Road, Race Course Road
- C : Farrer Park Station Road, Race Course Road, Birch Road
- D : Race Course Road
- E : Race Course Road
- F : Birch Road, Race Course Road, Farrer Park Station Road
- G : Serangoon Road, Race Course Road
- H : Fountain Square, Kitchener Rd / Serangoon Rd
- I : Kitchener Rd / Serangoon Rd
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|Mon − Fri||Sat||Sun & P.H.||Daily|
|North East Line|
|to NE1 HarbourFront||6.02am||6.02am||6.23am||11.48pm|
|to NE17 Pungggol||6.13am||6.13am||6.33am||12.08am|
The service has only suffered two instances of delay. In both cases, a delay of 20 minutes was sufficient to make the press.
On the evening of 25 December 2007, some technical difficulties were experienced along the North East Line caused delays for train services. A member of the public who was affected by the delay said she waited for at least 20 minutes for the train at the station.
Trains were delayed from about 3.15pm to 3.36pm on 6 April 2012 due to a signalling fault, affecting services between Chinatown and HarbourFront stations. One train had to be turned round to northbound direction at Farrer Park MRT Station to "regulate service".
- Art Invitational. Art Outreach Singapore. 2005. Page 15. Retrieved 29 Jan 2009
- Bruce Quek. "Art in Transit". National Library Board Singapore. 10 Aug 2009. Retrieved 29 Jan 2012
- "NEL train services delayed due to technical difficulties: SBS Transit". Channel News Asia. 25 Dec 2007
- "20-min delay on North-East Line". The Straits Times. 7 Apr 2012
|North East Line||View • Talk •|
|HarbourFront • Outram Park • Chinatown • Clarke Quay • Dhoby Ghaut • Little India • Farrer Park • Boon Keng • Potong Pasir • Woodleigh • Serangoon • Kovan • Hougang • Buangkok • Sengkang • Punggol|