Outram Park MRT Station
|Please take note that certain part of the pages may not be displayed properly due to a change in Template format. Our editors are working on it while bringing you clearer and better information(s).|
|Address||10 Outram Road|
300 Eu Tong Sen Street
|Line(s)||East West Line|
North East Line
Thomson East Coast Line (Under Construction)
|Opened||12 December 1987 (East West Line)|
20 June 2003 (North East Line)
2021 (Thomson Line)
|Operator|| (East West Line)|
(North East Line)
Outram Park MRT Station (EW16/NE3/TE17) is an underground Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station on the East West Line, the North East Line and the future Thomson East Coast Line, and serves as an interchange station between the two lines.
A plaque relating the history of the Outram Park prison can be found outside of the station. The prison no longer exists as residential blocks (HDB) have been built where the prison once stood.
In the initial stages of planning for the North East Line in the late 1980s and the early 1990s, this was initially planned to be the southern terminus of the line. But in 1993, the LTA decided to extend the NEL to HarbourFront Station, after noting that many people liked to go to HarbourFront Centre (then World Trade Centre).
On 15 March 2012, more than 117,000 commuters were affected during a peak hour train breakdown between Dhoby Ghaut and HarbourFront, caused by faulty overhead power cables at the tunnel of the Outram Park that had snapped. A second problem was discovered relating to electricity insulation, delaying the service further. Train services resumed at 4.35 pm after nearly 10 hours of disruption making it the third breakdown in 4 months.
On 10 January 2013, train services in both directions on the North East Line was disrupted due to a power fault. At about 9.50 a.m., SBS Transit said no train service is available between HarbourFront and Outram Park. Train services fully resumed at 4.35 p.m.
Police shooting incident
The North East Line sector of the station was the site of a rare police shooting incident, in which Lim Bock Song,43, who had earlier fatally stabbed odd-job worker Tan Ah Chang at a coffeeshop at Jalan Kukoh, was shot by a police officer after threatening the officer with the knife on 6 March 2008 at 3:35 pm. Four platform screen doors in the direction of HarbourFront were affected due to the police cordon which lasted two hours and passengers had to use other doors to board and alight. However, train services were unaffected.
Art in Transit
The Commuters by Teo Eng Seng, can be found at the linkway between East West Line and North East Line platforms. The artwork depicts people in motion reflect the thoughts and inner-most feelings of commuters. These images seem to emerge from the wall and disappear into it, inviting commuters to pause and contemplate their meaning.
Memories by Wang Lu Sheng, are placed at the entrances leading to North East Line part of the station. The artwork depicts the pageantry of Chinese opera and the symbols of law and medicine come together in this vibrant artwork that exults in Outram Park's unique heritage.
|L1||Street Level||New Bridge Road Bus Terminal, The [email protected], Police Cantonment Complex (PCC), Health Sciences Authority (HSA)|
|B1||EWL Concourse||Faregates, General Ticketing Machines, Passenger Service Centre, Transitlink Ticket Office|
|B2||Platform A||East West Line|
towards Pasir Ris (→)
towards Changi Airport (Transfer at Tanah Merah) (→)
|Platform B||East West Line|
towards Joo Koon (←)
|B3||NEL Concourse||Faregates, General Ticketing Machines, Passenger Service Centre|
|Transfer Linkway||between East West Line platforms & North East Line concourse|
|B4||Platform A||North East Line|
towards HarbourFront (→)
|Platform B||North East Line|
towards Punggol (←)
- A - Health Promotion Board,Health Sciences Authority,National Dental Centre
- B - Pearl's Hill City Park,Pearl's Centre
- C - Health Promotion Board,Health Sciences Authority,National Dental Centre
- D - Pearl's Hill City Park,Pearl's Centre
- E - Pearl's Centre
- F - Singapore General Hospital,New Bridge Road Bus Terminal
- G - Police Cantonment Complex
- H - Dunxtion Plain Park
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|Mon − Fri||Sat||Sun & P.H.||Daily|
|East West Line|
|North East Line|
- "Speech by Mr Lui Tuck Yew, Minister for Transport, at the Inspection of Downtown Line 1 Station and Announcement of Thomson Line alignment, 29 August 2012, 10.00am at Telok Ayer Station". Ministry of Transport. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "NEL's Dhoby Ghaut – Habourfront service resumes". Channel NewsAsia.
- "Full train service on NEL resumed at 4:35 pm: SBS Transit". Yahoo! Singapore. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "Joint News Release by Land Transport Authority and SBS Transit – North East Line Train Service Resumes Full Operation Following Morning Disruption". Land Transport Authority. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "NEL service disrupted due to power fault". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "NEL services to fully resume at 4:30pm". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "NEL services fully resumed at 4:35pm: SBS Transit". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "43-year-old man shot by police at Outram Park MRT". Valerie Tan (Channel NewsAsia). Retrieved 6 March 2008.
|East West Line||[ V • T • ]|
|Pasir Ris • Tampines • Simei • Tanah Merah • Bedok • Kembangan • Eunos • Paya Lebar • Aljunied • Kallang • Lavender • Bugis • City Hall • Raffles Place • Tanjong Pagar • Outram Park • Tiong Bahru • Redhill • Queenstown • Commonwealth • Buona Vista • Dover • Clementi • Jurong East • Chinese Garden • Lakeside • Boon Lay • Pioneer • Joo Koon • Gul Circle • Tuas Crescent • Tuas West Road • Tuas Link|
|North East Line||[ V • T • ]|
|HarbourFront • Outram Park • Chinatown • Clarke Quay • Dhoby Ghaut • Little India • Farrer Park • Boon Keng • Potong Pasir • Woodleigh • Serangoon • Kovan • Hougang • Buangkok • Sengkang • Punggol|
|Thomson East Coast Line||[ V • T • ]|
|Woodlands North • Woodlands • Woodlands South • Springleaf • Lentor • Mayflower • Bright Hill • Upper Thomson • Caldecott • Mount Pleasant • Stevens • Napier • Orchard Boulevard • Orchard • Great World • Havelock • Outram Park • Maxwell • Shenton Way • Marina Bay • Marina South • Gardens by the Bay • Tanjong Rhu • Katong Park • Amber • Marine Parade • Marine Terrace • Siglap • Bayshore • Bedok South • Sungei Bedok|