Mass Rapid Transit
The Mass Rapid Transit
- The MRT system consists of three inter-connected rail systems, namely the North-South line, the East-West line, and the newest North-East line. The North-South and East-West lines are operated by the SMRT Corporation, whereas the newer North-East line is operated by SBSTransit.
- There is also another line currently under construction (The Circle Line). However, due to the recent Nicoll Highway collapse, work is temporarily halted.
- Inquiry of the collapse has started and restoration work of Nicoll Highway has begun
- Circle line has continued its construction after the restoration of Nicoll Highway
- Downtown Extension line will start its construction in 2007. Stations built: Chinatown, Cross Street, Landmark, Integrated Resort and Milliena
- More information can be found at mrts.sgforums.com too*
- The MRT system boasts a seamless payment method, through the EZ-link card system. With a unified payment method, operators offer various rebates for transfers between the rail and bus systems.
And how much to get around Singapore by MRT?
|North South Line|
|East West Line|
|North East Line|
|MRT Lines with LRT Lines|
|North South Line, Bukit Panjang LRT|
|North East Line, Sengkang LRT|
|North East Line, Punggol LRT|
|MRT Lines with two interchange of different lines|
|North South Line, East West Line|
|North South Line, Circle Line|
|North South Line, Downtown Line|
|East West Line, North East Line|
|East West Line, Circle Line|
|East West Line, Downtown Line|
|North East Line, Circle Line|
|North East Line, Downtown Line|
|Circle Line, Downtown Line|
|MRT Lines with three interchange of different lines|
|North South Line, North East Line, Circle Line|