Alstom Metropolis C830C
- Not to be confused with Alstom Metropolis C830.
| Alstom Metropolis C830C|
|In service||26 June 2015 - Current|
|Built at||Valenciennes, France|
|Constructed||2014 - 2015|
|Number built||Passenger service: 72 carriages (24 trains)|
|Formation|| 3 per trainset|
Mc1 - T - Mc2
|Line(s) served||Circle Line|
| Car body
|Car length|| 23.65 m (MC)|
|Doors||1.45 m, 8 per car|
|Maximum speed|| 90 km/h (Design)|
78 km/h (Service)
|Deceleration||1.3 m/s2 (Emergency)|
|Traction system|| IGBT-VVVF|
(Shanghai Alstom Transport Electric Equipment OPTONIX)
|Power output||1.66 MW|
|Power supply|| Three-phase AC inverter motors|
400kW 400V 231A
|Electric system(s)||750 V DC 3rd rail|
|Safety system(s)||ATC (CBTC)|
|Gauge||1,435 mm Standard gauge|
In the turnkey contract C830C, 5 tenderers were shortlisted - Alstom, Hyundai Rotem, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Construcciones Y Auxiliar De Ferrocarriles and CSR Zhuzhou. 
These additional trains will increase the Circle Line's peak capacity by about 60 per cent.
The C830C trains run on an automated system (without attendant), relying on "continuous two-way digital communication" between each controlled train and the control centre that controls the entire line.
- an ergonomic seat profile;
- red reserved seats for clearer separation between normal and reserved seats;
- additional row of straphangers for steadier grip;
Dynamic Route Map Display (DRMD)
These dynamic route map display panels will provide commuters for their journey status, route information, as well as which side the train doors will open on.
Platform Gap Width Reduction (PGWR)
Every train door has got a rubber frangible gap that protrudes out which will narrow the platform gap, preventing passenger accidents due to the platform gap.
Individual cars are given a four-digit serial number by the rail operator, SMRT Corporation, numbers ranging from 841x to 864x, whereby "x" depends on the carriage type.
- The first digit is always an 8.
- The other three digits is the train identification number. A full length train of 3 cars will have the 3 different consecutive serial numbers. The second and third digits are used to identify the train set, while the last digit denotes the carriage of the train, ending with 1, 2 and 3 in a full length train.
- For example, trainset 850 would consist of 3 cars with serial number 8501, 8502, 8503.
- Land Transport Authority Schedule of Tenders Receieved
- LTA and SMRT award contracts for New Trains and Re-signalling project
|Mass Rapid Transit||[ V • T • ]|
|Overview||History • Stations • Fare and Ticketing • Facilities • Safety • Security|
|Lines||Current||North South Line • East West Line • North East Line • Circle Line • Downtown Line|
|Future||Thomson–East Coast Line • Jurong Region Line • Cross Island Line|
|Rolling Stocks||Current||Kawasaki Heavy Industries C151 • Kawasaki Heavy Industries & CSR Qingdao Sifang C151A • Kawasaki Heavy Industries & CSR Qingdao Sifang C151B • Kawasaki Heavy Industries & CRRC Qingdao Sifang C151C • Siemens C651 • Alstom Metropolis C751A • Kawasaki Heavy Industries & Nippon Sharyo C751B • Alstom Metropolis C751C • Alstom Metropolis C830 • Alstom Metropolis C830C • Bombardier MOVIA C951|
|Future||Alstom Metropolis C851E • CJ151 • Bombardier MOVIA CR151 • Kawasaki Heavy Industries & CRRC Qingdao Sifang CT251|
|Depots||Current||Bishan • Changi • Gali Batu • Kim Chuan • Sengkang • Ulu Pandan • Tuas|
|Future||Mandai • East Coast|