Alstom Metropolis C751A
Alstom Metropolis C751A are the first generation of trains running on the North East Line.
The trains on the North East Line are powered by overhead catenary, a first in history. Rolling stock on all the other operating lines are powered by a third rail because the authorities considered overhead wires to be unsightly and did not allow for trains to be powered using this method on elevated lines. Since this line is the first to be fully underground, the authorities had a choice between powering the trains on this line by overhead catenary or third rail..
On 17 December 2018, the Land Transport Authority had awarded the contract worth about $116.7 million to CRRC Nanjing Puzhen for the refurbishment of C751A. LTA said the reasons for refurbishment were due to the aging of system and to prevent the incidents (2011 & 2015 MRT Disruption) from occurring again which causes great inconvenience to commuters. The whole refurbishment is expected to start in 2019 and end in 3rd quarter of 2024.
DT Mp Mi Mi Mp DT
|Livery||Black,Red,Purple,White (Top to bottom)|
|Train Run Number||Orange LED|
|Seating Capacity||Original||Bar Train|
|Wheelchair Bay||2, 1 each at Third and Fourth Car|
|Door Closing Indicator Lights||1 Yellow Alert Light (Top)|
|Passenger Information System||Visual Passenger Information System (LED display|
|Safety System||ATC, ATO, ATP, ATS|
|Signalling System||Communication Based Train Control|
|Traction Control||IGBT-VVVF (Alstom ONIX)|
The car numbers of the trains range from 7x001 to 7x050, where x depends on the carriage type.
- The second digit identifies the position of the car from the closest end of the train; where ‘1’ represents first car, ‘2’ represents second car and ‘3’ represents third car.
- (Example) Passenger Vehicle 7049/7050 would consist of 6 cars with serial number 71049, 72049, 73049, 73050, 72050 and 71050 respectively.
- Depending on the direction of travel, the sequence may be reversed.
- "Singapore Northeast Line: will soon be the largest, fully automatic metro system in the world"
- "Enhancement works for the North East Line to commence in 2019". Land Transport Authority (17 December 2018). Retrieved 25 December 2018.
|Mass Rapid Transit||[ V • T • ]|
|Overview||History • Stations • Fare and Ticketing • Facilities • Safety • Security|
|Lines||Current||North South Line • East West Line • North East Line • Circle Line • Downtown Line|
|Future||Thomson–East Coast Line • Jurong Region Line • Cross Island Line|
|Rolling Stocks||Current||C151 • C151A • C151B • C151C • C651 • C751A • C751B • C751C • C830 • C830C • C951|
|Future||C851E • CJ151 • CR151 • CT251|
|Depots||Current||Bishan • Changi • Gali Batu • Kim Chuan • Sengkang • Ulu Pandan • Tuas|
|Future||Mandai • East Coast|
|North East Line||[ V • T • ]|
|Stations||HarbourFront • Outram Park • Chinatown • Clarke Quay • Dhoby Ghaut • Little India • Farrer Park • Boon Keng • Potong Pasir • Woodleigh • Serangoon • Kovan • Hougang • Buangkok • Sengkang • Punggol|
North East Line extension: Punggol Coast
|Rolling Stock||C751A • C751C • C851E|